What is Digital Asset Management (DAM)?
Digital asset management refers to the rules and processes an organization puts in place to manage, retrieve and distribute their digital media, such as photos, videos, PDFs, presentations and documents.
Although you’ll see many using the terms interchangeably, DAM and DAM software just aren’t the same thing. It’s one thing to manage your digital assets. It’s another thing entirely to manage them well. That’s where DAM software (like the Widen Media Collective) comes in.
“Widen’s digital asset management system has been a blessing for the Falcons. I can’t imagine working without it at this point.”
- Atlanta Falcons
What can DAM software do for you?
DAM software helps your organization ensure — in ways that other workarounds just can’t — that your brand assets are always safe, always secure, and always in the right hands. From version control to on-the-fly file conversions and metadata tools, the Widen Media Collective helps you effectively take control of your brand image.
Back in 1987, we built the Media Collective from the ground up to meet the needs of our own bustling premedia business. Ever since, we’ve been taking feedback from our clients and our own DAM admins to upgrade and enhance the system. Today, nearly 200 brands across many different industries trust us with their DAM software needs.
Use the links below to learn about the DAM basics
- The “stuff” that goes in a DAM System – What is a Digital Asset?
- Defining DAM – What is Digital Asset Management?
- The Life Cycle for Digital Media Asset Management
- Benefits of DAM Asset Management
- Driving the Market Demand for DAM Software
- Hosted vs. Installed Digital Asset Software
- Why to Choose Hosted Digital Asset Management
- How to Justify DAM – Digital Asset Management ROI
- DAM Where Assets are the Product – Digital Media Management