Kevin Arkin, Sales Representative
With Widen Enterprises turning 60 years old this year, I began wondering about what else happened in 1948? The list below is a small snippet of all the happenings that occurred that year. I pulled out several that appealed to me.
- Warner Brothers shows the first color newsreel
- NASCAR is incorporated
- Toast of the Town, later named The Ed Sullivan Show debuts
- New York City airport known as John F. Kennedy International officially opens
- Candid Camera makes its television debut
- The Best Picture at the Academy Awards was Hamlet
- Honda Motor Company was founded
- Hells Angels were founded in California
- Land Rover was unveiled at the Amsterdam Motor Show
- The first McDonalds opened
- The board game Scrabble was released
- Velcro was invented
- Cable TV was invented
For nearly 60 years, Widen has built a tradition of pioneering new tools and technologies to better serve clients. Today, Widen continues to invest and create the most advanced graphic communication products and services in the industry. If our customers need it, Widen will create it. This holds true not only for our digital asset management services, but also for our premedia services.