Widen was a sponsor of the Henry Stewart Digital Asset Management Conference in Chicago last week Tuesday and it proved to be a very worthwhile event for those who made it for the day. Themes throughout the day covered the critical elements of DAM including the importance of metadata & taxonomy development and optimization, user & asset governance, and workflow and collaboration. Other key topics covered included the impact of mobile and social technologies and DAM, platform choices from Enterprise to SaaS to Open Source, and a concentration on the service aspects of DAM. The best part of the day was that several strong user experiences and case studies were covered to present attendees with very real-world perspectives, insights and takeaways.
Widen’s participation involved a booth showcasing the new Widen Media Collective User Interface and handouts of Widen’s latest white papers, including: A guide to the lifeblood of DAM and What to Know Before You Go!
Sessions throughout the day included:
- Keynote by Susanne O’Neill of P&G on the intersection of DAM with other technologies
- "Getting more out of DAM: the latest technologies and what is possible now" by Theresa Regli of The Real Story Group (always a popular choice)
- Panel on meeting the challenges of DAM in the enterprise featuring representatives from Notre Dame, Hasbro and Hollister Inc. (a Widen customer)
- “Controlled Metadata for Findability & Monetization” with a riveting presentation on metadata from Jenny Benevento, Taxonomist at Sears Holdings Corporation
- “Procuring a Global DAM” by Lisa Hayward at Shell with a case study about their choice of SaaS DAM
- “The Accidental Asset Manager” featuring a fun presentation by Steven Brier at Marriott about how he came to be a DAM admin
- “Managing Brand and Digital Assets” by Maggie Lang of United Airlines with a look at the challenge and opportunity of the merger of United and Continental
Visit www.damusers.com for more information about Henry Stewart Digital Asset Management events.
Up Next: Createasphere DAM NY
Widen is a sponsor of the Createasphere Digital Asset Management conference at the New Yorker Hotel Thursday and Friday of this week. You can catch the full event schedule here or follow along on Twitter @widenenterprise or #CreateasphereDAM.
I’m particularly looking forward to the Branding & DAM session Thursday afternoon and the Friday morning session featuring a case study by Widen customer—Charlie Gray of Motorola on the topic of “Marketing, Digital Asset Management and the Digital Supply Chain”.
While in NY, I will be speaking to a group of Digital Asset Management students at Columbia University about what to look for when considering Digital Asset Management solutions, featuring much of what can be gathered from the ‘Authoring an RFP’ section of DigitalAssetManagement.com, the DAM educational resource site.