For our Repurposil campaign, we wrote slogans that could almost fit into the kind of pharmaceutical advertising you see on TV. One of those taglines is “The asset conversion, management, permissions, publishing, posting, expiration, categorizing, searching, finding so you can sleep longer medicine."
Digital asset management tools offer more benefits than any pill, and even the side effects tend to be pretty desireable. They include things like quicker asset ROI, a bigger budget due to increased productivity, and more empowered marketing partners.
DAM systems’ benefits are numerous. Like the tagline says, they do things like:
- Conversion: Automatic conversion of files to make it easier to use whatever assets you have.
- Management: DAM makes it easy to manage a huge digital image library or other collection of assets.
- Permissions: Administration control over assets ensures that users only have access to properly branded and up-to-date videos, images, and other marketing materials.
- Publishing: Some DAM systems have catalogue production tools that make readying big books and other projects for print a breeze.
- Posting: DAM software makes it easier to repurpose your assets for social media and Web use.
- Expiration: A good DAM system lets you set expiration times, so access to files is cut off when their time has passed.
- Categorizing: Keyword searches are great, but when people need to find assets by browsing through a library, only a DAM system with good categorization tools will do. The best providers will even help you make the most of categorization.
- Searching and finding assets: Perhaps most importantly, users can quickly and easily find the assets they need at all times.