It’s the new year and many of us have made new year’s resolutions. If you’re like me, you haven’t exactly made a resolution, but you’re committed to changing at least one thing in your life. What’s the difference, right? Last night, after I got home from playing basketball, at the club I was checking email and something triggered me to google “Top New Years Resolutions.” The top spot (http://pittsburgh.about.com/od/holidays/tp/resolutions.htm) listed these as the Top Ten New Year’s Resolutions:
1. Spend More Time with Family & Friends
2. Fit in Fitness
3. Tame the Bulge
4. Quit Smoking
5. Enjoy Life More
6. Quit Drinking
7. Get Out of Debt
8. Learn Something New
9. Help Others
10. Get Organized
Naturally, a marketing guy can always find a way to relate new year’s resolutions back to our digital asset management service offering. This opportunity is just too perfect not to mention in my blog.
I could go down the list and explain how Widen’s marketing technologies and digital asset management services help those in the marketing, creative and sales work more efficiently so they can spend more time away from work, be with family & friends, leave work by 5:00 to get in the gym and have a better outlook on life. I could tell you how Widen could help you be a champion in your company to get out of debt, help others also get ahead, and help yourself / others at work (and personal life) get organized. I’m not going to tell you Widen can help you quit smoking or quit drinking (our HR Director might if you worked here), but if Widen can help you accomplish the other eight goals, I’m guessing you may have a better outlook for some of those other lifestyle changes with more time to re-focus your priorities. No, I’m not really a Doctor, so I’m not going to feed you all of that info.
I don’t need to tell you in this venue about how Widen can change you life. I’d much rather coordinate a one-on-one review of your creative / production workflow, marketing execution strategies or sales enablement processes.
If any of these goals are on your “to-do” list, then you’ve come to the right place:
- Organize digital assets
- Improve creative / marketing efficiency
- Help sales channels sell your products
- Focus on global brand consistency
What I really want to do is quickly mention our new year’s resolutions.
Before the end of last year, members of our R&D, Communications and Marketing teams met to decide on the development themes for the Widen Collective Digital Asset Management offering for the three 2008 releases. Here’s a quick snapshot of what they came up with:
- Continuing expansion with video asset management and video handling technologies.
- Advancing the recent beta release of the Backdrop photography routing and approval system to be one of the most feature-rich, flexible and user-friendly photography workflow solutions on the market.
- Incorporating more web 2.0 concepts into our technologies to improve the user experience while helping organization retain brand control.
- New innovations continuing to support marketing, creative and sales functions, while staying true to the Software as a Service model.
Good luck with your new year’s resolutions!