A second in a series of iPhone digital imaging app reviews...
Photogene by Omer Shoor - Price: $1.99
Much like Photoforge that I discussed in yesterday's post, Photogene is a good all purpose image editor for the iPhone. Photogene includes a number of nice preset border treatments, but lacks painting tools like Photoforge.
- Very fast, responsive, immediate editing
- Interface is well designed, navigation is quick and easy
- Menus can disappear with a tap for full screen view
- Includes a number of nice preset frame treatments with a lot of custom control for images.
- Nice drop shadows and reflection.
- 8 special effects include sepia, black and white, pencil, and night vision.
- Ability to work in portrait of landscape mode.
- Ability to add text balloons.
- Share photos with Facebook, Twitter, or "Hall of Fame" online gallery
- Lacks clone tool.
- Lacks any painting tools
- Lacks noise reduction feature.
- Lacks layering function.