A third in a series of iPhone digital imaging app reviews...
Mill Colour by The Mill - Price: FREE
If all you want in a photo editor on the iPhone is simply a way to edit color - saturation, gamma, exposure, etc.. Then this app is for you. It offers an extremely precise way of adjusting color via a fine tuning dial. Think of a fine tuning knob on an old tube TV set...
- Allows Very fine tuning of an image to edit color of a photograph via a scaled dial at the bottom of the screen.
- Edit control includes Lift, Gamma, Gain and Saturation
- A number of pre-defined image "looks" including, Golden, Print, Cross-processed, Chocolate, Noir (a dark, contrasty black and white), Instant, 70's (a washed-out warm look), Milky, Promo, and Bleached
- Easy to use interface
- It's FREE!
- Lacks many traditional editing tools like clone, crop, sharpen/blur, noise reduction, painting tools, etc... But then again, this is designed as a color correction app only.
- No ability to share photos with social media sites like Twitter or Facebook (can only save to iPhone photo library)
- No ability to continue previous session if an image was not saved before closing app
- They spelled "color" wrong :)