We listened. We innovated. We integrated. We mobilized. We globalized. We beautified. We aggrandized. We packed a ton of new-ness into the Widen Media Collective version 7.0 release, but most of all we’ve further established the Media Collective as the best cloud-based digital asset management (DAM) solution in the world because of the value we deliver. You can have all three – the best product and the best service at the best price. We give you the confidence you need to do what you do best, and let us worry about the rest.
The following highlights many of the new features and updates with the Media Collective version 7.0 release. Many of the new features have hyperlinks to articles on our support site with more details and video tutorials.
New Features and Integrations
The following are new features and integrations for the Media Collective version 7.0 release:
- Mobile application version 1.0, which allows users to search for and view assets
- Content Management System (CMS) integrations with WordPress and Drupal, where users can search for and insert files from their DAM site into their web pages
- Attach documents (e.g., licenses, release forms, video scripts) to assets
- Archive assets using Amazon Glacier for later retrieval and download to be sent to recipients in a day or less
- Third-party integration for improved web-to-print template builder capabilities using CHILI Publish
For the Media Collective version 7.0 release, improvements have been made to:
- The comments feature to support a collaborative workflow
- Search results to improve visibility of assets for a better visual experience
- Streamline the upload process with the addition of the Upload button next to the quick search
- Enhanced previews of multi-page PDF files and Microsoft Office documents with HTML5 to reduce the need for plugins (e.g., Flash, Adobe Reader)
- Infrastructure for faster downloads worldwide using the Amazon CloudFront content delivery network, which transfers files to servers located nearest to the user
- Improve upload speeds with Amazon Web Services servers worldwide. For speed and efficiency purposes, assets are uploaded directly to the region nearest the user. The data is then transferred to the U.S. Eastern region, where master files permanently reside.
The following customer-driven ideas have been implemented with the Media Collective version 7.0 release:
- Upload files directly from the Asset Details page. Filenames do not need to match to version or overwrite files.
- New FTP upload functionality
- Administrators can unlock user accounts when password entries are invalid
- New options to configure the Refine Search panel
- Addition of a refine search filter for released, unreleased and expired assets
- Addition of a Search Document Text checkbox option
- "Did you mean" searching that suggests a possible search term based on the initial search keyword
View more screenshots from the Widen Media Collective v7.0 release.
Would you like to see all the exciting new features and updates? Request a demo to take the tour on your own or schedule a live walk-through with one of our DAM advisors.