The Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (aka KBIS) introduced something new this year with learning seminars geared up to provide actionable insights for attendees, who range from small business owners to larger exhibitors like Kohler, Grohe and Delta. The seminars provide added value for small business owners and marketers who want tips to help their businesses grow in this economy and ways to do things better.
Through our experience in serving customers like Kohler, Sub-Zero and Wolf and InSinkErator, Widen had the opportunity to introduce its digital media solutions in a multimedia learning session titled “How simple digital tools can be used to strengthen your business” presented by Widen CEO, Matthew Gonnering.
Widen CEO Matthew Gonnering speaks about Digital Asset Management at KBIS
The key technology and practice at the center of the presentation was Digital Asset Management, which helps to streamline the digital supply chains from the manufacturer all the way to the end consumer.
DAM solutions provide the following key benefits to suppliers:
- Assist in creating, managing and distributing content necessary to bring products to market
- Support marketing communications with consistency in supplier branding guidelines
- Enable a consistent representation of products throughout the supply chain
- Save on expenses related to the creation of files (e.g. photography, retouching, brochure creation)
DAM solutions provide the following benefits to distributors and dealers:
- Use the right content for the right product, promotion or event
- Easy repurposing of files tagged and living in a central location
- Create co-branded templates for sales and print use
- Save on maintenance expenses associated with file storage and management
The primary digital asset management use cases covered included:
- Image & video access to search for digital assets, download in various formats and embed in websites
- Brochure creation with pre-defined templates allowing for variable content, co-branded and print-ready
- Social media integrations to share “cool” images or videos direct with followers on social networks
Key takeaways from the event included:
- Realize the importance of managing your brand across all customer touchpoints
- Provide and/or request access to image and video libraries to fuel customer communication
- Create content to add value to customer relationships