You might recognize Smartimage floating around the Web. A re-Tweet from Widen, a banner ad on your favorite website, or showcased on the Widen.com homepage. If you don’t know anything about Smartimage, let me be the first to introduce you. Reader, Smartimage - Smartimage, reader. Smartimage is one of the newest tools from Widen to power marketing content. It’s a cloud-based image management tool designed specifically for small businesses, workgroups and agencies. Smartimage is a simple way to centralize and share your images.
Filling the image management void
There are tons of online tools to manage images. The vast majority are focused on photos and are designed for consumers. Tools like Flickr and iPhoto don’t manage all the file types marketing and creative workgroups and small businesses need to manage, like PSD, AI, ID, PPT, and PDFs. Nor do they have the functionality for distributed teams to easily access and manage visual content. Cloud-based file sharing tools like Dropbox and Box have their uses for sharing files but fall short in managing images and distributing final assets. These tools have their uses but aren’t designed to manage, search, share, and analyze high-quality brand images that businesses need. Enter Smartimage.
Store, search, share, and analyze digital content
All this functionality might sound familiar to Media Collective users and those looking at more robust DAM systems. Assets are uploaded into the cloud to centralize and control them. Metadata is used to search for and filter files. Files can be shared and distributed via email, sharing URLs, embedding in a web page, and customizable collections. Then view the analytics to see what content you're getting the most and least value out of.
Sounds a lot like a DAM, right?
The term DAM gets thrown around a lot. As a company that’s been building DAM systems for the last 18 years (and counting), we know what it means to be a true digital asset management solution provider. It’s management of all digital file types, it’s robust metadata, it’s granular control over users and assets, version control, and much more. If fact, you can learn more about the 10 Characteristics of a DAM from the DAM Foundation and then see our response for Widen Media Collective.
Instead of stripping down the Media Collective to just the basics for small teams, we took our experience in digital asset management and built a simple image management tool. It’s designed for those with a lightweight need and a smaller budget. This means the features, functionality, and user experience are designed simply, specifically for small businesses.
- Self-signup - Signup for the free trial, upgrade when you’re ready and change plans as needed.
- Smaller storage - Storage options start at 50GB and give you plenty of room to grow.
- Basic user roles - Administrators collaboratively manage files and collections. Non-admins can access public and password-protected collections of files for viewing, sharing, and downloading.
- Basic file conversions - Smartimage offers small, medium, and large file sizes, the original file and some format conversions on the fly.
- Basic metadata - Keywords and description metadata are automatically imported and used for searching and providing information on the files.
- Helpful analytics - Collection and file-level analytics provide useful displays of activity data including views, shares and downloads.
- Branded interface - Manage and share your visual content and brand assets all within the context of your own custom-branded experience.
Does Smartimage sound like a tool your team could use? Sign up for a 15-day free trial and check it out for yourself.