We look forward to giving our customers "A Collective Experience" at the 2015 Widen Summit, October 19-21, here in Madison WI. With so many fun activities, sessions, events, ways to connect and experiences packed into 2 ½ days, we are excited to share them with the great customers of Widen.
See what Widen customers have already registered!
Staying true to our theme of "A Collective Experience" this year means that we plan to tailor our educational breakout sessions and programming in a meaningful way, making it the most impactful for our customers attending. We want YOU to have the best collective experience possible, so make sure to register for the Widen Summit by July 31.
Along with offering more educational breakout sessions than ever before, we are pumped to have two keynote speakers this year.
Meet Tuesday’s keynote speaker, Jonah Berger from Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania (and Widen customer!):
Dr. Berger is an expert on word of mouth, viral marketing, social influence, social contagion, and trends as well as author of the recent New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller, Contagious: Why Things Catch On. He sheds light on the secret science behind word of mouth marketing and how you can use it to get more people talking about your product or idea.
Meet Wednesday’s keynote speaker, Donna Lichaw from Great North Electric:
Donna Lichaw is a master storyteller. She helps businesses figure out what digital products should do and the best ways to make that happen through the skill of story mapping. With a filmmaking background, her area of expertise is mobile, tablet, responsive web, and mobile first product strategy and design. Donna will also be leading a hands-on [optional] storytelling workshop Wednesday afternoon after lunch. The goal of the workshop is for you to roll up your sleeves and map out your own project, product, personal, marketing, (insert anything here), story. Limited space is available!
Storymapping the Experience (3 hour interactive and productive workshop) with Donna Lichaw on Wednesday afternoon, October 21
What does a great experience have in common with a great story? Everything. Turning complex concepts into simple, impactful narratives can help you imagine and evaluate ideas, products, and features quickly and effectively, before jumping into expensive pixels and code. While envisioning, planning, and building something with an experience that engages, influences, and inspires can sometimes seem daunting, crafting a great story can be easily learned.
See how simple storytelling techniques can transform your next idea, product, campaign, or strategy from good to great. Whether you are creating a product, service, or campaign from scratch or improving one for conversion, activation, or engagement, mapping the story first will help you figure out how to envision and build something that people not only love to use, but use often, and recommend to others.
Learn how to:
- Craft and communicate simple and impactful narratives.
- Incorporate rapid storytelling tactics into your workflows, meetings, and projects.
- Imagine, fine-tune, and test ideas, features, landing pages, marketing copy, and flows on the fly.
- Map, reverse engineer, and asses competitor digital experiences onto narrative arcs.
- Quickly and effectively assess strengths, weaknesses, gaps, and opportunities for designs, features, content, and functionality.
Review the Widen Summit customer to-do list to help us create the best possible experience for you:
1. Register to attend the 2015 Widen Summit if you haven’t already.
2. Let us know if you would like to contribute to an educational breakout session.
4. Share any special use cases or unique ways of doing things that we can spotlight.
5. Inspire us with ideas for fun activities we can host during your visit to Madison.
6. Justify the expense in getting multiple members of your team to Madison. It’s minimal, since the Summit is FREE to all Widen customers!
We look forward to sharing "A Contagious, Storied Collective Experience" with you and your team in October!