Aberdeen Group recently launched a new benchmark report titled “Marketing Asset Management: Managing Brand Compliance in Distributed Marketing Environments,” authored by Peter Ostrow, Research Director, Sales Effectiveness for Aberdeen Group. The report examined 136 organizations that have deployed marketing asset management (MAM) solutions and found that 100% of the top performing companies improved their return on marketing investments, compared to 26% in other companies. This report from Aberdeen Group follows last year’s Digital Asset Management benchmark study “The Marketers Guide to Justifying Investments in Digital Asset Management.”
According to the study, managing marketing compliance and brand consistency across business units and geographies are among the top priorities of marketing managers and CMOs in 2010. Many organizations continue to stifle efficiency and waste money on unproductive, decentralized marketing resource management processes. As organizations attempt to operate as efficiently and effectively as possible under volatile market conditions and often with fewer resources, MAM solutions empower sales and marketing teams to maximize return on marketing investments by centralizing and improving accessibility to approved marketing resources.
The report reveals what leading companies have been able to achieve through deployment of marketing asset management solutions, including:
- 24% average year-over-year increase in annual revenue compared to 2% increase in other companies
- 32% average year-over-year improvement in return on marketing investment compared to 4% average decrease for other companies
- 18% average year-over-year improvement in brand consistency compared to 2% improvement by other companies
Common characteristics among companies enjoying Best-in-Class performance include:
- 79% deploy a library asset management system for their marketing assets
- 75% use ROI estimates to cost-justify marketing investments
- 71% provide the marketing department with access to all digital assets, allowing them to re-purpose or re-use content and images
- 62% have a process in place to disseminate information on best practices in managing marketing assets to both sales and marketing
Obtain a complimentary copy of the Marketing Asset Management report from Aberdeen Group.
Visit Research.Aberdeen.com for additional access to complimentary Customer Management Research.
Learn more about Marketing Asset Management from Widen.