The content universe is ever expanding, as more content is being launched into the digital galaxy each day. Readers and buyers want to find content that will comprehensively and intelligently solve their problem or answer their question. But the challenge is that most marketing content is hard to find, poorly conceived, and dependent on highly skilled content creators to be repurposed, reformatted, and redeployed. What’s the solution? Doing all you can to create content that is helpful and then helping readers get to that content.
“You can have the best content in the world, but if you can’t get it to your customers and prospects at the right time, in the right format, and on the device of their choosing, it doesn’t matter.” -Ann Rockley, Managing Enterprise Content
Intelligent content is the focus of the new infographic by Widen titled “Land Engaged Readers: Boost your content’s IQ.” It shows how marketers can get their audiences the intelligent content needed when they need it. Digital asset management (DAM) provides a simple framework to build your intelligent content.
What is intelligent content?
Intelligent content is structurally rich, semantically categorized, automatically discoverable, reusable, reconfigurable, and adaptable. But what does this mean?
- Structurally rich: Structure makes automation possible, and all aspects of intelligent content hinge on it.
- Semantically categorized: Uses metadata to ensure meaning and context are relevant to the reader
- Automatically discoverable: Easily found and consumed by both content owners and users
- Reusable: Beyond conventional content recycling, intelligent content components can be reassembled and adapted in multiple ways.
- Reconfigurable: Ability to reorganize content in numerous ways — alphabetically, by subject, format, persona, and more — for a highly tailored user experience
- Adaptable: Automatically adapts in appearance and substance to the recipient, device, channel, time of day, location, past behaviors, and other variables
The above elements enable the following:
- Output to multiple channels, adapting to each channel and reader
- Reduced development, review, and maintenance costs
- Lower translation-related costs
- Increased consistency and quality
- Easier content lifecycle management
- Content creators free to innovate, rather than rewrite and recycle existing elements
- Little to no human intervention
The Holy Grail: delivering the right information, to the right customers, in the right format, at the right time.
How do you accomplish all of this? With digital asset management. DAM gives you a framework on which to build intelligent content. It also provides you with a single source of truth, reducing your costs and time to market dramatically.
Intelligent content that delights customers and multiplies conversions, with less effort? That’s a good DAM strategy.
Want to learn more about boosting your content’s IQ and implementing DAM for your business? Request a demo from Widen today.