The movement to marketing-driven organizations is now! You may hear about sales-driven or technology-driven organizations but how are organizations driven by those efforts capable of achieving maximum return without the marketing front to tell the story? Marketing weaves an external communication element to the organization that embraces a transparent culture to let the marketplace know the benefits of working with your organization.
Ask yourself a few simple questions:
- Who has the closest interaction with your target markets?
- Who writes the messages that introduces your organization to a specific target market?
- Who devises the strategies that will enable your organization to communicate with the marketplace?
- Who understands market conditions and can gauge a product’s ability to succeed?
- Who understands the competitive landscape and knows how to position your products because they see how to differentiate?
- Who conducts the research to capture feedback from customers?
The marketing team is the answer to all these questions so if the marketing team has this kind of understanding, why not spread marketing influence throughout the organization? It’s time to empower your marketing team in the best interest of your customers and the future of your organization.