Thanks to everyone who attended the Widen Summit last month! We had a great time sharing the Widen Experience with everyone who came to Madison for three days of nonstop learning, networking, and fun! Read on for our take on the Widen Experience and what changes you can expect at the next Widen Summit, held September 12-14, 2016.
The Widen Experience
What does the Widen Experience mean to you? To us, the Widen Experience is providing the best and most valuable solutions to our customers. Giving the Widen Experience in all that we do is our ultimate goal and beyond that, it’s who we are.
The Widen Summit is one of the big ways that we get to provide the Widen Experience to our customers, and since I’m one of the newbies here, it was my first chance to take it all in. I’ll be honest...I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect.
Leading up to it, I was most excited to meet you in person, put a face to the names of so many I had talked to, and be part of the Widen team to help deliver a good, solid and useful Summit experience for all attending. I knew that we wanted our customers to leave the Summit as better DAMsters, and with a new fire in their belly to take on the next year as the best DAMster they can be!
Here are my top three takeaways while attending my first Widen Summit:
- Widen customers are smart and ready for the next challenge. This was one of the first things I recognized as a whole. Widen customers are full of smart ideas, questions and interesting solutions. They come to the Widen Summit to talk to each other, exchange ideas, talk shop, and find ways to feed their really smart brains.
- Widen customers genuinely appreciate us. Definitely one of the best surprises of the whole event! I was bombarded with gracious thank yous, excited declarations of new ideas recently learned and much more. We appreciate our customers so much, but it was wonderful also to know how appreciative our customers are of Widen.
- Widen customers are interesting, fun, and really COOL people. What an engaging and interesting group of relatable people! I got to talk about kids, family, interesting travel excursions, cool projects and unique hobbies people are taking part in. I love hearing about people’s lives, what they are doing and what excites them. Having opportunities to connect with the Widen Community at the Summit was my favorite part!
For a taste of the fun, check out this compilation video from the 2015 Widen Summit.
What to expect in 2016
Now that the 2015 Widen Summit has wrapped up, it’s time to take all the great feedback from you and apply it to make an even better Widen Experience in 2016!
One of the fun ways we can keep the Widen Experience fresh and interesting is by changing locations of the Widen Summit here in Madison. Do you know what an isthmus is? It’s a long piece of land sandwiched by water. The bulk of downtown Madison is on the isthmus, and we get to enjoy the benefits of lakeside living throughout the seasons. Living lakeside gives us many opportunities to fish, float, play on the beach, water ski, ice skate, ponder and a lot of reasons to share a drink or meal with friends or family while sitting next to it.
Providing the full Widen Experience while lakeside is something we are excited to share with our talented, interesting, cool and exceptional Widen customer community on September 12-14, 2016. We can’t wait to be directly on the shores of Lake Mendota next year at the beautiful Edgewater Hotel - the site of the 2016 Widen Summit. We hope to take advantage of the natural beauty that surrounds us in Madison and use it to deliver an even more impactful Widen Experience to you.
We also promise:
- Many opportunities to connect with others in your field, industry, on your skill level.
- Opportunities to deep dive and do yourself. We can’t wait to have workshop sessions that give you the chance to take the wheel and drive.
- Breakout sessions that cover big, new topics and always with a focus on the basics.
- High-level keynote speakers with engaging messages and presentations.
- Another Widen playlist of great tunes to groove on.
- More...so much more!
Mark your calendar now so that you don’t miss it!
Want to speak, get involved or tell your story at the 2016 Widen Summit? We want you to share your successes, learnings, and interesting connections with all of us. Send us an email at email@example.com with your idea and what you think you would like to share. We will help make it a reality.