When it comes to hosted digital asset management software, also known and DAM SaaS—Software as a Service, the last “S” in SaaS is just as important as the technology.
What should DAM SaaS customers expect?
2. Software that is easy-to-use and does the job in meeting workflow requirements.
3. Hardware and bandwidth infrastructure to meet the demand.
4. Regular upgrades served automatically without painful downtime.
5. Quality Assurance ensuring the software works with minimal bugs.
6. New innovations supporting creative workflows and marketing operations.
7. Training provided to administrators and end-users.
8. Security and backup policies and procedures to safeguard all data.
9. Stability and reliability to assure the DAM system is “always on”.
10. A Help Desk that is readily available to take questions.
Not all digital media management solutions meet these expectations. According to a vendor-neutral digital asset management analyst firm, “Larger digital asset management vendors pose a higher risk.” The firm finds most DAM products are evolving slowly while several vendors face turbulence. They are saying that the smaller, mid-market DAM vendors represent a safer bet for customers seeking reliable solutions—including both product and corporate stability.
Stephen Cassidy, Chief of UNICEF's Internet, Broadcast and Image Section, said UNICEF is rolling out the Widen DAM SaaS platform to 200 international offices.
"We looked at several best-in-class technology platforms, but it was Widen's history of support and service that impressed us and that has shone through in the implementation process and beyond,” Cassidy said. “Technically, we believe that managing digital assets is going to be one of our most important challenges. So, we are pleased to see that Widen's roadmap in that critical area is matching ours."
UNICEF had tried several approaches to DAM, including developing its own software, but usage of the systems had been limited. After researching the available options and requesting proposals from best-in-class vendors, UNICEF selected the hosted DAM platform from Widen Enterprises.
Read the KMWorld article “DAM takes on many roles” to learn more about the UNICEF DAM implementation.