Digital asset management is both simple and complicated. Although many companies have similar core needs, the more nuanced aspects of their DAM challenges vary.
Even if DAM software is easy to use, the potential for its application might not be immediately apparent. Then there are the updates, upgrades, system management, and storage concerns that must be faced by the IT department. These and other concerns often pose serious challenges to working with a DAM system. However, they also demonstrate the huge value of digital asset management programs offered in a software-as-a-service platform.
When you sign on for a software-as-a-service DAM system, some of the service benefits include:
- Help with implementing the system — It's not easy to correctly implement a DAM system. Several steps must be made, usually before a given deadline. A vendor might match your organization up with a project manager to help you stay on track.
- Training — With software-as-a-service offerings, you don't need to figure out how to use the system on your own. Administrators and general users alike can get training on how to maintain and run the system. This training can be done with videos, webinars, and other resources provided by the vendor.
- Help desk — This means so much more than a help feature that comes with other types of software. For a quality DAM system, it should include experts who are available via online chat, toll free numbers, and email. The help teams should also try to respond to concerns as quickly as possible and just as rapidly find the necessary solutions.
- Ongoing support — A company that offers quality service is going to give ongoing support. The goal is to ensure that the you’re always getting the most value possible of your DAM system.
- Consulting — Great customer service for digital asset management tools should also include a certain degree of consulting. This provides further ensures your system is adjusted to meet the dynamic workflow needs of your organization.
- Resources for production of assets — This refers to resources and tools that aid with the creation and editing of digital assets. These can include such features as page building services and photography.
To experience how your company can benefit from these and other services, take a demo of a DAM system developed by Widen today.