The CMS Watch analyst team released its Technology Predictions for 2009 today featuring a list of 12 predictions and video commentary on the future of content management technologies.
1. Open source ECM players get an initial boost
2. Office14 casts long shadow on SharePoint
3. "Taxonomies are dead. Long live metadata!"
4. Regulatory-compliance concerns reignited
5. ...Renewed interest in pro-active e-discovery
6. SaaS vendors expand offerings
7. Oracle falls behind in battle for knowledge workers
8. New Emphasis on application search
9. Social computing diffuses into the Enterprise
10. Long-awaited consolidation comes to the WCM space
11. Mobile and multimedia web analytics become key requirements...and disrupters
12. Buyers remain in driver’s seat
Widen, of course, has a special place in our heart for prediction #6 with the expansion of Software-as-a-Service. According to the CMS Watch analyst team, SaaS customers view their SaaS vendors as extensions of their internal teams and will increasingly look to them more as one-stop consulting services, rather than just the system used to manage their content and visitor interaction. As a pure play DAM SaaS and marketing software provider, we proudly accept that prediction.