Widen’s Software Release Evolution
Listen. Analyze. Evolve.
At this point, you have probably experienced Widen’s latest software release, which included many great enhancements in version 8.0. Since the release, Widen’s product, customer service, and development teams have been hard at work listening to your feedback, conducting targeted interviews, and analyzing users as they interact with the new interface. This universal feedback has been assessed by the product team, and more changes have been made to the Media Collective using the tenets of our agile development platform. Based on what we heard, we’ve made updates to these areas:
- Navigation menu quick links are now more prominent.
- We heard: Where can I find assets I’ve uploaded?
- We improved: By adding a larger button to the Navigation menu along with a more pronounced drop-down selection.
- Enhanced upload using drag-and-drop in the Upload zone.
- We heard: Where do I go to review and edit assets after I upload them?
- We improved: By adding a button to recent uploads in the Upload zone and linking the filename to the Asset Details page.
- Added My Collections to the Collections menu.
- We heard: Where do I find my collections?
- We improved: By adding a My Collections option to the top navigation.
- Share via Email was added to the Selection panel.
- We heard: How do I email assets to others?
- We improved: By changing text to be more in line with what users are asking.
We also heard you want more resources from Widen about adapting your category tree and Dashboard to fully utilize the display and searching capabilities within your Media Collective site. As a result, we’ve assembled some step-by-step video tutorials that walk you through the process and help you understand the benefits that can be achieved.
Some other items on our near-term roadmap include:
- More updates to the site branding tools
- Batch downloads to file sharing tools
- Improved Quick View display with editing capabilities
- Sitewide analytics
- Enhancements to collections
We’ve said our agile development process allows us to quickly act on your feedback. “Agile” is just a fancy way of saying “we listen and refine.” We value today’s user insights over any long-range roadmap. Our user-centered development process allows us to respond to those insights with agility. So, we want to continue hearing from you through your emails, participation in the LinkedIn group, and through your contributions on our ideas page. Your feedback is a crucial step in our agile development cycle and the key for Widen to continue to deliver valuable features and enhancements.
Check out our demo options to experience the Widen Media Collective for yourself.