You may have noticed that we just launched a new widen.com in the last few days. You may miss the voice of Matthew Gonnering and his body double pointing out specific areas of interest on the old site so I want to take this opportunity to point out specific areas of the new site.
The Home Page – We’re proud to be working with a wide range of companies that are doing some tremendous things in the marketplace and applying our solutions and services in different ways, so we wanted to showcase our customer wall. Be sure to check out the stories or watch the videos (look for the video camera icon in the top right of select images for InSinkErator, Motorola, ZDO, St. Mary’s and Sub-Zero and Wolf).
Using Digital Asset Management – Digital Asset Management can be looked at as both a practice and a technology. It is most effective if you deploy the right strategies as a practice and the right technologies as a solution fit for your organization. The sub-sections to our Using DAM section highlight our seven different products under the Widen family of digital asset management solutions for marketing and creative people.
- Find Digital Media – Core Digital Asset Management
- Access Assets On-Site – Widen Appliance client site extension
- Manage Videos – Video Asset Management
- Approve Photos – Backdrop Photography Approval System
- Route Projects – Project Collaboration
- Create Promotions – Dynamic Media Building
- Publish Catalogs – Catalog Publishing
The Widen Media Collective is our suite of web based DAM solutions and the Widen Appliance is our on-site client extension. Altogether, Widen brings you 100% DAM SaaS – the Software as a Service delivery model and software with service, as in Customer Service and Technical Support. One of our most popular features that we’re highlighting and using on the new site is our Digital Asset Embed Links.
Premedia Services - Next, we have an all new Premedia Services section that covers our premedia / prepress services offering. If you’re confused about the meaning of “Premedia Services,” it’s likely because you’re used to the term “Pre-Press.” However, “Premedia” (although it may be our own term vs. an industry term) truly represents the work we do here from photography to color retouching in preparing files to go to press or for the web and other electronic media channels. Be sure to check out the portfolios of our sample work for digital photography, color retouching, digital sampling and catalog production.
The Widen Advantage - The third major addition to widen.com is an all new section on The Widen Advantage, which features Customer Interviews, Customer Service and Software as a Service sections. What is the Widen Advantage? As hard as it is to articulate on a website or blog, it comes down to a few main points related to serving the creative and marketing functions of creating, managing and distributing digital media:
- A foundation built upon 60 years of serving our customers in over 120 countries
- A strong commitment to technology and innovation to achieve the goals of our customers
- Software development resources and technology to automate premedia processes, providing quality work with fast turnarounds and competitive rates
- Software as a Service with technology solutions proven over 16 years of internal testing and evolution as a result of customer feedback
Last, if you’re looking for a place with all the right digital asset management resources in one place, our Resource Center has videos, whitepapers, analyst commentary, free trials, implementation info and key links to the WidenCollective.com product site and DigitalAssetManagement.com industry resource site.
Please be sure to check back soon to see our new sections on Industry Solutions, Solutions by Function, and Widen solutions for the Salesforce.com Appexchange – Digital Media Organizer and Marketing Template Creation.