Since digital asset management (DAM) solutions are often adopted by corporate marketing departments, we often change the acronym from DAM to MAM for marketing asset management. Here’s why…
- Store marketing’s rich media in a centralized repository to repurpose final materials and their individual parts such as content from a brochure or clips from a video so they can be easily repurposed.
- Prevent digital asset duplication and repeat work by reducing amount of assets lost in the shuffle from increasing quantity, demand and storage locations.
- Control who, when and how assets are used via roles and permission settings.
- Minimize errors and enhance brand consistency across the organization from uses by internal departments and external affiliates.
- Lessen dependence on outside agencies to create and manage assets for everyday marketing tasks.
- Enhance collaboration internally and externally with ease of accessibility of existing assets.
- Reduce marketing need to email large files and stop hunting down project reviewers for comments and approval tracking.
- Tailor marketing collateral with content unique to different market segments and selling situations.
- Gather practical intelligence about where and when assets are used and how they performed for more informed future decisions by creative, marketing and communications.