The new Widen Collective digital asset management integration with Salesforce enables users to access sales and marketing content inside accounts, contacts and opportunities.
Widen is proud to announce a new Salesforce Connector for the world’s #1 CRM. Salespeople can now search for Widen Collective assets in Salesforce, making it easy to share up-to-date marketing and sales collateral as they work with accounts, contacts and opportunities.
Sales teams depend on visual content to educate, entertain and inspire customers, but accessing that content can be a hassle. Without a DAM content marketing hub, salespeople have to comb through cloud storage systems and shared drives, or ask their marketing and creative teams to email the right files. This wastes a lot of time. Even with a DAM system in place, salespeople sometimes ignore the system or download assets to their devices and fail to check for updated versions.
By integrating the Widen Collective with Salesforce — the platform where salespeople do their core work — the Salesforce Connector eliminates all those hassles. After installing the Connector, sales teams will find a Widen Collective instant search connector in Salesforce accounts, contacts and opportunities. They can find the visual content they need, copy the share links, and paste them into emails. If marketing updates an asset, the URL will automatically link to the new, updated asset.
Besides making it easy for salespeople to send the latest videos, case studies, product guides and other materials, Salesforce Connector offers additional benefits.
- Salesforce activity history maintains a record of the copied asset names. Thus, salespeople can see everything that has been shared.
- Widen Collective Insights enables salespeople to track views and downloads by customer, and analyze correlations between visual content use and sales results.
- Widen share links are optimized for universal viewing on smartphones, tablets and computers.
“Collaboration between marketing and sales is absolutely essential, so we designed the Salesforce Connector to strengthen that partnership,” said Deanna Ballew, Director of Product Management at Widen. “With this integration, salespeople can quickly find visual content in their ‘home’ platform without assistance from marketing, and marketers no longer need to worry that sales will use the wrong assets. This saves time and eliminates stress for both departments.”
Phases in the integration between the Widen Collective and Salesforce:
- Phase 1: Available now — Instant search, copy and download of digital assets from Accounts, Contacts and Opportunities for sales teams.
- Phase 2: Planned — Instant search, copy, download and collections of assets from Campaigns for Marketing users.
- Phase 3: Exploring — Integration of visual content with Salesforce chatter and content.
In addition to these integrations, Salesforce and Widen Collective users can also make standard portals and brand portals available as quick-access tabs with custom objects. Check out this blog post to learn more about how to make it happen.
In addition to Salesforce integration, we’re exploring possibilities to integrate and extend digital assets with Pardot marketing automation and the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. This allows users to extend assets from one central source of truth — their DAM content marketing hub — across emails, landing pages and other digital customer touch points.