Update to simple image management tool helps users organize, tag & batch download files instantly
Smartimage – Widen’s simple image management tool for small-to-medium sized businesses and workgroups – released version 3.5 to include several notable new features. The update features an all new Application Programming Interface (API) and smart, time-saving enhancements like auto-mapping of embedded keyword and description metadata and batch apply tags and descriptions.
As Smartimage users upload more images, the importance of streamlining the upload and management process has increased. The recently added features help users spend less time uploading, managing, and searching for files so they can spend more time doing what they love – creating and sharing great content.
Version 3.5 features an all new REST API allowing developers to integrate Smartimage with other websites and web applications to take advantage of the ability to upload, manage, and download high-quality graphic files.
New Batch Apply Metadata Upon Upload
Other new features and updates in Smartimage version 3.5 include:
- Batch apply metadata - Apply tags and descriptions to multiple files at once, upon upload.
- Auto-mapping keywords and descriptions - Upload files with embedded keywords and descriptions and they are auto-mapped into Smartimage metadata fields.
- Tag widget - Use tags to filter through your visual content to find the files you need. A search function and sorting enhance the tag experience.
- Create sections on the fly - Organize your files into custom sections by creating a section during the upload process.
- Large image previews - Admins see large previews of images to see more detail and enhance the visual experience.
- Download all - Download an entire collection of files with the click of a button. Choose to download all originals or one of three common file sizes.
Admins Now See Large Previews
Forthcoming enhancements to Smartimage include a Dropbox integration, upload via email, enhanced searching and additions to batch editing.
To learn more about Smartimage and start a 15-day free trial, visit Smartimage.com.