Our teams are focusing on delivering the next major release of the Widen Media Collective, version 8.0, in early December 2014. Our previous release focused on creating and capturing more content with integrations. The 8.0 release follows our product strategy of doing more to connect marketing content. We have added functionality to manage, share and analyze more content.
We are delivering a new user experience with the 8.0 release. A new drag-and-drop Dashboard and fresh user interface allows users to easily find assets through visual search methods that are as familiar to them, similar to shopping on Amazon.com.
The Dashboard is packed with new options that allow administrators to promote their brand and highlight their assets.
- System messages can be styled and target specific user groups for announcements, product notifications, instructions or brand guidelines.
- Spotlight searches highlight a categories, saved searches, popular assets or events.
- Spotlight collections quickly take users to curated global collections.
- Upload drop section for immediate upload of assets via drag-and-drop onto the Dashboard.
- Activity feed to gain insight on assets as they are being added and used.
Whether assets are found from the Dashboard or using the Media Collective’s powerful search functionalities, users are presented with clean search results and can narrow their results to immediately download and share content.
Watch this video featuring the new user experience of the Widen Media Collective
Updates to the download and share features promote our file sharing and social media sharing features. A few of these options have been available for several releases, and we have added a new integration with Box.com. Features include the ability to:
- Download assets to your device, Dropbox account or Box account.
- Share assets directly to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts.
- Share assets with a share link for quick collaboration.
- Share assets across the Internet with customizable embed codes.
- Share assets in stylized collections with custom branding and messaging for each collection.
The Media Collective tracks each download and share so administrators know exactly where an asset is being used. A new feature to capture intended use prompts users to enter where the asset is being used and their email address, if it is not already known.
Behind the scenes, the Media Collective tracks all asset usage so administrators can understand how assets are performing and can manage them. The asset popularity score indicates the external asset usage relative to other assets, including number of downloads, posts to social networks, views of share links and views of embed codes. Metadata for assets with low popularity can be reviewed to give better search visibility, and assets with a low popularity score can be removed them from the Media Collective to keep the data at a manageable level. Assets with high popularity scores can be archived and kept for years to come for future use.
Beyond the asset popularity score, the Media Collective tracks details on each download and share view by asset, and administrators can export asset analytics to understand data about how assets are being used across marketing channels. Tracking includes:
- Downloads: Data for each download and who downloaded the file, including the file sharing user account.
- Social shares: Data for each post to social networks, the social network account and the message that was posted with it.
- Share links: Data for each view of a share link and who generated that share link.
- Embed codes: Data for each view of an embed code and from what web page.
- Video analytics: Aggregated data of number of loads, plays, completed plays and average time watched.
Let’s not forget the technology updates that happened under the hood with this release. The search infrastructure has been re-architected using Elasticsearch functionality. StumbleUpon, The Guardian and GitHub all use this Elasticsearch for powerful searching. By working across clusters of servers, searches can be completed faster and are more reliable. This technology allows our clients to scale up to millions of assets with multiple metadata schemas and thousands of categories.
The 8.0 release provides more accessibility to assets for users and more visibility to administrators. Content is key to capturing your audience during the customer journey, and being able to analyze that usage and understand it better gives you the tools to do more with your valuable assets.
Request a demo to schedule a personalized walk through of the new Widen Media Collective.