Widen Dam Software and DAM Consulting Services

Widen Connectivity Report
The value of visual design in a connected marketing world

Learn how major brands like NVIDIA, Salesforce, and Pinterest use quality visual design to create connections that count.

Download the report  Watch the video

What is connectivity?

Connectivity is the state of interdependence between people, objects, systems, and information.

Visual design is the application of aesthetics that evokes an emotional response. 

When done thoughtfully, visual design stimulates connectivity in ways that words and mediocre design simply can't, resulting in greater customer loyalty, positive perception of products and services, and more team pride.

The big data

Respondents overwhelmingly agree on the importance and power of quality visual design. 

91% of respondents say they invest in quality graphic design for their content.

98% feel quality graphic design in marketing content enables stronger relationships with their audience.

Graphic design doesn’t garner the internal support and investment you’d expect given how much brands value visual communication. 

Only 8% say visual design lives at the C-level within their organization, suggesting it’s not a strategic priority at the other 92% of brands.

Although 70% scale their marketing work by templatizing layouts, repurposing assets, and sharing assets, just 30% automate creative workflows.

Artificial intelligence (AI) tools are slow to rise in marketing use and optimism.

Only 24% use AI tools to scale their marketing, suggesting that AI is overhyped or undervalued.

Optimistic about AI work tools in the future

2020 2018
55% 36%

Using AI tools in their marketing work today

2020 2018
25% 14%
   

The key findings

How to create visual design that evokes a connection

1

Make extra time for your designers to flex their creative muscles. Your organization will see what’s possible with quality graphic design.

2

Let repeat design work become more templatized, so your team can focus on doing more creative, original work.

3

Make visual design a core part of your organizational DNA by starting at the top.

4

Turn your logo into a visual moniker that unifies your marketing communications on a global scale.

5

Get involved with design communities in target regions, worldwide.

6

Focus visual design on the people who use your products and services, instead of the products and services you sell.

7

Use visual design as a strategy to elevate your marketing message.

8

Turn your marketing vision into a visual manifesto that people can see and interact with.

Want to impact marketing connectivity at your organization?

Check out Widen's software solutions today.

Request a demo

Digital asset management  Brand management  Creative management  Video management

20

Developing Brand Guidelines: The Complete Guide | Widen

20 Apr, 2021

  Your brand is your company’s most important asset. It’s more than just words on a page or images on a screen ⏤ it’s how you communicate with and attract your audience. From your logo to every customer interaction, it’s the identity of your organization.   To stand out in a competitive market, consumers need to easily understand who your company is and what you provide. Brand consistency helps consumers feel confident in their decision to become a customer because they know exactly what to expect from you with every interaction. So, how do you ensure a consistent experience that builds brand loyalty? Develop strong brand guidelines.

Read more »
19

The Ultimate Brand Relaunch Guide | Widen

19 Apr, 2021

Every brand evolves over time. One day, your brand will outgrow the look and feel you’ve used for years. The audience you speak to will change their behaviors. Your purpose will take on new meaning. And eventually, you’ll need to redesign the look and feel that worked so well, and relaunch your brand. Just the idea of relaunching all your newly designed brand assets can feel overwhelming. How are you possibly going to coordinate all the changes and updates? Don’t worry, with the right tools and a strategic approach any brand can roll out new assets at a global scale.

Read more »
14

New: Level-up Your Product Content With 360° Photography | Widen

14 Apr, 2021

Brands are adding 360° product imagery to their sites and increasing online conversions by as much as 47%. Are you? Whether you’re in B2B or B2C, we’ve compiled what you need to know about 360° spinsets and how to take them from creation to your downstream channels.

Read more »

Get the report now!

Share a little information about yourself to download the connectivity report

2020 Widen Connectivity Report