Welcome to the next installment of our monthly release notes. Here’s a look at the additions and updates we made to the Widen Collective® in August 2021.
Assets: Update and resolved issues
- For security purposes, users can now manage devices they use to access the site, and remove devices they aren’t using, from the Account Settings tab on the User settings page. The tab can be accessed from the user profile.
- The issue with empty date metadata fields being automatically filled with today’s date when editing metadata in Quick View has been resolved.
- The issue with release, expiration, updated, and created dates in Quick View displaying incorrectly has been resolved.
- With the recent release of our updated mobile app, we’ve added a new Mobile Application feature to the Features page that allows you to enable or disable the app for your users. If enabled, the app is available for all users.
Entries: Rename products
Sometimes the name of products from enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems may just be a short description, and that’s not super helpful when you’re searching for products in Entries. Now you have the option to update the name right in the Entries app, on the product details page. Quick and easy!
A maximum of 512 characters can be used in product names, and product names don’t need to be unique. Any updates to names will display in the History tab on the page.
- To better help you find the manual imports option, we’ve made the Manual import tab the tab you first see when you select the Imports page.
- To provide more information at a glance, you’ll now see the number of variants in the Variants tab on the product details page.
Portals: Improved accessibility for Portals dashboards
We’ve made portals more accessible with some updates to the user interface. On the Portals dashboard, our designers have updated the look and feel of the cards in that display. This includes pulling the View and Edit icons into the footer of each card along with shortening the menu.
- We’ve shortened share link URLs for assets in public portals for easier sharing.
- There are now version 2.0 API endpoints to search products in the Entries app. Learn more in our API documentation.