Assets: Introducing the Product Update Hub!
On June 7, 2021, we’ll be adding a new way to keep you and your users informed about what’s happening in the Collective. It’s called the Product Update Hub, and can be found by selecting the flag icon in the lower left corner of your site.
In the Product Update Hub, find updates about new functionality and learn how to use it and read about the latest and greatest product release. You no longer need to message users whenever there are changes in the site; they’ll be displayed in the message or in tooltips when they’re using the functionality.
Learn more in the "What can I find in the Product Update Hub?" article.
Assets: Rename files with the metadata importer
Many of you have been asking for an easy way to rename a batch of assets that are already in the Collective, and now you can! Beginning June 8, you can use the metadata importer to quickly update multiple asset filenames that need to align with your brand’s filenaming conventions or when there’s new branding for a product. There’s no need to edit filenames one-by-one in the Collective or re-upload files with updated names. Pretty great, right?
Learn more in the "How do I import metadata?" article.
Assets: New functionality in the mobile app!
On June 25, 2021, you’ll see all new functionality in version 2.0 of the mobile app! Here’s a quick list of what you’ll see:
- Select up to 10 assets to download or share.
- Create a new collection.
- Add an asset to and remove an asset from an existing collection.
Learn more in the “How do I use the mobile app?” article.
Assets: Updates and resolved issue
- Up to 40 paths can be created using the Paths feature.
- With the release of version 2.0 of the mobile app, users will no longer be able to access the mobile site on June 25.
- The issue with rotation not being retained in cropped assets has been resolved.
- We’ve improved the page loading times for the Asset Groups with Assets Pending Delete and Deleted Assets with No Asset Group Assigned (Deleted and Lost Assets) page in the Admin app.
Insights resolved issue
- The issue with user information and intended use not being included in Insights exports when downloading all from portals that require a login has been resolved.
Entries: Create product hierarchies
There’s more functionality in the Entries app, and that is the addition of what’s called product hierarchies. Hierarchies let you organize products into categories and subcategories - like accessories, apparel, bikes, and more - so your users can navigate through and find those products.
Learn more in the “How do I set up a product hierarchy?” article.
Portals update and resolved issue
- Due to performance issues, we’ve added a limit to the number of assets that can be included in static (not dynamic gallery) asset sections. As of June 7, 2021, a maximum of 5,000 assets can be included.
- The issue with company logos not displaying in public portals unless users are logged in to the Collective has been resolved.