Here are the updates to the Widen Collective® for the month of September.
New Insights default dashboard
To improve performance and decrease load time, the Insights app has a new default dashboard page. It features a list of all Insights dashboards available that users can then select and view.
Metadata field help text during upload
Admins can now add custom help text to metadata fields in the enhanced upload experience. The text will display as a floating tooltip if it’s longer than 45 characters or as a line below the field if it’s shorter than 45 characters.
Upload button in mobile menu
The upload button now appears in the global menu when users access the Collective from a mobile browser.
LDAP and OpenID single sign-on retirements
Due to security and stability concerns, Widen no longer offers the Google OpenID or LDAP SSO login features. Customers can choose SAML or simple one-way SSO.
- In the asset uploader, dependent fields now appear in the same order that they appear in the Admin app.
- An issue with documents not previewing in Quick View when unreleased or expired has been resolved.
- An issue with search result thumbnails not showing the updated asset after cropping has been resolved.
- Search exports have been fixed and are no longer erring.
- An issue with favicons displaying correctly has been resolved.