Our passion for quality, innovation, and making our customers happy leads our successful product lines.
Awesome people want to work with other awesome people.
Widen Enterprises is located in Madison, WI. Just as Madison is praised as one of the best places to live in America, Widen Enterprises is voted as one of the best places to work in Madison. Even our employees think so. See our most recent employee survey (2014) where 100% of employees are proud to work at Widen. Employee satisfaction is our key to successful products. We have an amazingly talented team and we are continuing to grow our teams.
We take collaboration and cutting edge technology to the next level and work in an agile and cubical-free environment which combines sales, marketing, project managers, testers, and software developers into small project teams “pods.” Group discussions and customer feedback is valued over heavy processes. Creativity is fostered through flexibility, hacker days, frequent employee-led lunch and learns, employees’ sense of humor, and a work-life balance.
If you want to work with other great people in a supportive environment, please let us know by sending your resume to email@example.com.
Cover letters that highlight passion are encouraged.
- Front End Software Developer
- Software Implementation & Training Specialist
- Software Test Automation Developer
Send resumes to:
Human Resources Director
Widen Enterprise, Inc.
6911 Mangrove Lane
Madison, WI 53713
Front End Software Developer
Research and Development
The competitive landscape of our products drives us to adopt technologies that allow high developer productivity and instant feedback loops. We use AngularJS, PhoneGap, Jersey, GitHub, Grunt, Karma and more. Read more about how we utilize Amazon Web Services at http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/widen/
We value group discussion and user feedback over documentation and heavy processes. Check out more on our culture at http://www.pinterest.com/widenenterprise/pins/
Our ideal candidate would have:
- At least 2 to 3 years experience developing web-based applications
- A passion for quickly adopting new technologies
- Willingness to learn from others and teach your peers
Software Implementation & Training Specialist
As a Software Implementation and Training Specialist, you’ll work with our customers to implement our software and help the customer lead and manage change. You will guide customers through the process as they introduce Widen applications to their teams, from inception through training the customer end users. You’ll develop creative strategies with your customers to achieve a common end goal of a successful launch and adoption of new applications. Professional relationships with client administrators will be built, as you lead and initiate customer interactions, adapting your communication techniques to properly relate to different audiences. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. No two days are the same as you work with a wide variety of customers across a multitude of industries.
- Handle multiple new client implementations from the sales/marketing transition to end user training
- Work closely with Project Management team and facilitate customer feature additions that require Development or Project Management interaction
- Create project schedules, meet deadlines, and communicate changes to all stakeholders
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and to build and deepen client relationships
- Create and deliver technical training content for customers in the use and implementation of Widen applications
- Assist in developing universal customer facing deliverables in support of training (i.e. webinar or video scripts, feature documentation, product configuration templates, presentations, white papers)
- Follow-up with customers and internal staff to evaluate the effectiveness of training, identify needs, and solicit feedback
- Bachelors degree in project management, computer/technology, graphics, business related fields or equivalent
- Two to four years experience in a customer service role or technical training role
- Familiarity with Adult Learning concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
Software Test Automation Developer
Research and Development
The competitive landscape of our products drives us to adopt technologies that allow high developer productivity and instant feedback loops. We utilize many open-source projects, including those within our primary development languages:
- AngularJS, PhoneGap, Jersey, GitHub, Grunt, Karma, ElasticSearch
- Amazon Web Services (Read more about our use case at http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/widen/.)
We need your critical eye to be part of feature development, testing, design test plans, scripts and scenarios to execute test plans. You will be responsible for identifying problems with new software designs within an agile environment. You will support and work closely with software developers, project managers and our Help Desk team to understand the product and current issues or new product development. We need your ideas for improvements to continue scaling our products. Types of testing include functional user testing, customer scenario testing, stress testing and performance testing.
We value group discussion and user feedback over documentation and heavy processes. Check out more on our culture at http://www.pinterest.com/widenenterprise/pins/.
- Knowledge and understanding of software test processes and methodologies
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall)
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and creativity to any situation
- Understanding of and can work with time dependencies in regards to current issues and new development
- Communicate technical information in a consultative clear and concise way, including verbal and written
- Ability to research and communicate ideas for improvement
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and transition between projects
- Ability to contribute in a team environment
- Testing experience with SoapUI, Postman, Ruby, Groovy, Selenium, Geb and Watir
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Widen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Although actual openings at any given time may vary, we most often look for people with experience in Software Development, Marketing, Customer Service, Project Management or related fields. If you would like to submit a resume for future consideration, please indicate your area of interest on your resume or cover letter.