Our passion for quality, innovation, and making our customers happy leads our successful product lines.
Awesome people want to work with other awesome people.
Widen Enterprises is located in Madison, WI. Just as Madison is praised as one of the best places to live in America, Widen Enterprises is voted as one of the best places to work in Madison. Even our employees think so. See our most recent employee survey (2014) where 100% of employees are proud to work at Widen. Employee satisfaction is our key to successful products. We have an amazingly talented team and we are continuing to grow our teams.
We take collaboration and cutting edge technology to the next level and work in an agile and cubical-free environment which combines sales, marketing, project managers, testers, and software developers into small project teams “pods.” Group discussions and customer feedback is valued over heavy processes. Creativity is fostered through flexibility, hacker days, frequent employee-led lunch and learns, employees’ sense of humor, and a work-life balance.
If you want to work with other great people in a supportive environment, please let us know by sending your resume to email@example.com.
Cover letters that highlight passion are encouraged.
Send resumes to:
Human Resources Director
Widen Enterprise, Inc.
6911 Mangrove Lane
Madison, WI 53713
Digital Asset Manager
We are seeking a Digital Asset Manager to manage the marketing content of our fabulous customers. We have incredibly satisfied customers and we want to help them do more with their images, video, audio, and other branded content. The Digital Asset Manager will lead the digital asset management program for customers by capturing, organizing, sharing and analyzing marketing content within the Media Collective, a Widen marketing technology.
The Digital Asset Manager will perform the following activities:
- Coordinate the capture of marketing content from the content creators; designers, photographers, videographers, agencies, and production studios
- Establish and maintain the metadata and taxonomy structure to add meaningful information that allows the digital assets to be found and shared
- Manage the user community and changes in user status to maintain proper access rights within the customer designed digital rights management structure
- Promote the use of the digital assets to new and existing groups of users around the world to support the brand consistency of our customers
- Communicate new and innovative functionality to other administrators within the customer marketing and creative team and across the user communities
- Manage and train the community of users with regular sessions encouraging best practices and visitation to uphold the brand standards of our customers
- Field questions from customer marketing teams and their customers and vendors
- Implement the use of embed codes and digital asset linking for rich analytics providing significant insight into the performance of a digital asset
- Analyze the success of marketing content and channels by reviewing key metrics and in-depth digital asset reporting data
- Organize the entry and ongoing maintenance of metadata, users, roles, profiles, permissions, asset groups, categories and other administrative areas
- Connect with customers at their location, communicating and implementing processes for a successful experience
- Expand the use of the digital asset management system to include other users and systems that may benefit from the luxury of having immediate access to awesome content within the Media Collective
- Provide insight to our product team for advancements in making the role of the Digital Asset Manager an enjoyable and rewarding experience for all customers
- Explore integration opportunities with other technologies that need to use visual content as a way to connect the marketing content with talent, process and other technologies
Widen is a marketing technology company located in Madison, WI supporting over 400 global brands and 200,000 people with the access, management and sharing of marketing’s most coveted content. With a dynamic culture of satisfied employees, we have established a creative and innovative environment where collaboration and teamwork powers customer satisfaction. Recognized as one of the best places to work in Madison, we’re the place you tell your friends about and their response is, “that’s cool, I want to work there.”
Front End Software Developer
Research and Development
The competitive landscape of our products drives us to adopt technologies that allow high developer productivity and instant feedback loops. We use AngularJS, PhoneGap, Jersey, GitHub, Grunt, Karma and more. Read more about how we utilize Amazon Web Services at http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/widen/
We value group discussion and user feedback over documentation and heavy processes. Check out more on our culture at http://www.pinterest.com/widenenterprise/pins/
Our ideal candidate would have:
- At least 2 to 3 years experience developing web-based applications
- A passion for quickly adopting new technologies
- Willingness to learn from others and teach your peers
Software Test Engineer
Research and Development
We are in search of Software Test Engineer to focus on providing high quality, automated test functionality to ensure quality across our software products. The competitive landscape of our products drives us to adopt technologies that allow high developer productivity and instant feedback loops. We utilize many open-source projects, including those within our primary development languages:
- AngularJS, PhoneGap, Jersey, GitHub, Grunt, Karma, ElasticSearch
- Amazon Web Services (Read more about our use case at http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/widen/.)
We need your critical eye to be part of feature development, testing, design test plans, scripts and scenarios to execute test plans. You will be responsible for identifying problems with new software designs within an agile environment. You will support and work closely with software developers, project managers and our Help Desk team to understand the product and current issues or new product development. We need your ideas for improvements to continue scaling our products. Types of testing include functional user testing, customer scenario testing, stress testing and performance testing.
We take collaboration seriously by working in a cubical-free environment that combines marketing, project management, testing and developers into small project team “pods.” Creativity is fostered through flexible schedules and work locations, hacker days and frequent employee-led lunch and learns. We value group discussion and user feedback over documentation and heavy processes. Check out more on our culture at http://www.pinterest.com/widenenterprise/pins/.
- Use and modify existing test harnesses and scripts to implement automated tests
- Analyze design, and source code to determine needed test hooks
- Design additional test tools to optimize test coverage
- Work as an independent participant in a team that owns all automated testing
- Execute functional tests using daily builds, weekly builds, and sprint builds on release candidates; execute automated and semi-automated test cases, covering system test cases and specifications from software developers
- Consult with development and other test designers on software and system design that facilitates test automation
- Spot problem areas quickly and communicate with team leads and/or managers
- Gather/create software testing requirements and define test cases/plan
- Report and document detailed software defects
- Work closely with development team to facilitate unit and integration testing
- Serve as a resource for other software test engineers, as well as customer support and implementation personnel
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of software test processes and methodologies
- Proven record of building solid test plans and test automation solutions
- Understanding of the agile software development lifecycle methodologies
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and creativity to any situation
- Understanding of and can work with time dependencies in regards to current issues and new development
- Communicate technical information in a consultative clear and concise way, including verbal and written
- Ability to research, communicate and champion ideas for quality improvements
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and transition between projects
- Ability to contribute in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Experience with Web browsers and internet technologies in a Software Test/QA environment
- Testing experience with SoapUI, Postman, Ruby, Groovy, Selenium, Geb and Watir
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Widen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Although actual openings at any given time may vary, we most often look for people with experience in Software Development, Marketing, Customer Service, Project Management or related fields. If you would like to submit a resume for future consideration, please indicate your area of interest on your resume or cover letter.