Our passion for quality, innovation, and making our customers happy leads our successful product lines.
Awesome people want to work with other awesome people.
Widen Enterprises is located in Madison, WI. Just as Madison is praised as one of the best places to live in America, Widen Enterprises is voted as one of the best places to work in Madison. Even our employees think so. See our most recent employee survey (2014) where 100% of employees are proud to work at Widen. Employee satisfaction is our key to successful products. We have an amazingly talented team and we are continuing to grow our teams.
We take collaboration and cutting edge technology to the next level and work in an agile and cubical-free environment which combines sales, marketing, project managers, testers, and software developers into small project teams “pods.” Group discussions and customer feedback is valued over heavy processes. Creativity is fostered through flexibility, hacker days, frequent employee-led lunch and learns, employees’ sense of humor, and a work-life balance.
If you want to work with other great people in a supportive environment, please let us know by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letters that highlight passion are encouraged.
Send resumes to:
Human Resources Generalist
Widen Enterprise, Inc.
6911 Mangrove Lane
Madison, WI 53713
Software Support Specialist – Tier 1
Widen Enterprises, Inc. is a rapidly growing marketing technology company providing on-demand software and pre-media services. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and others.
We have a new opening for a Tier 1 Software Support Specialist to provide customer support for our software services division. This person will work closely with our tier 2 support specialist, software developers and project managers to understand the product and current issues surrounding the customer service of our multiple brands.
- Handles daily customer support triage, through email, live chat and phone
- Supports web-based products and services
- Interacts with customers and troubleshoots problems to provide a high level of customer satisfaction
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution
- Interacts with other members of the Project Management, Development and QA teams to effectively handle issues to be resolved
- Assists with client training through online meetings
- Assists in maintaining online knowledge base
- Education generally equivalent to an Associates degree from a two-year technical school in the fields of Computer Science, Communications or related technical field
- Customer service background/experience preferred
- Related experience in technical support or in web development environment
- Working knowledge and understanding of Macintosh and Windows computer systems
Front End Software Developer
Research and Development
The competitive landscape of our products drives us to adopt technologies that allow high developer productivity and instant feedback loops. We use AngularJS, PhoneGap, Jersey, GitHub, Grunt, Karma and more. Read more about how we utilize Amazon Web Services at http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/widen/
We value group discussion and user feedback over documentation and heavy processes. Check out more on our culture at http://www.pinterest.com/widenenterprise/pins/
Our ideal candidate would have:
- At least 2 to 3 years experience developing web-based applications
- A passion for quickly adopting new technologies
- Willingness to learn from others and teach your peers
Software Test Engineer
Research and Development
We are in search of Software Test Engineer to focus on providing high quality, automated test functionality to ensure quality across our software products. The competitive landscape of our products drives us to adopt technologies that allow high developer productivity and instant feedback loops. We utilize many open-source projects, including those within our primary development languages:
- AngularJS, PhoneGap, Jersey, GitHub, Grunt, Karma, ElasticSearch
- Amazon Web Services (Read more about our use case at http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/widen/.)
We need your critical eye to be part of feature development, testing, design test plans, scripts and scenarios to execute test plans. You will be responsible for identifying problems with new software designs within an agile environment. You will support and work closely with software developers, project managers and our Help Desk team to understand the product and current issues or new product development. We need your ideas for improvements to continue scaling our products. Types of testing include functional user testing, customer scenario testing, stress testing and performance testing.
We take collaboration seriously by working in a cubical-free environment that combines marketing, project management, testing and developers into small project team “pods.” Creativity is fostered through flexible schedules and work locations, hacker days and frequent employee-led lunch and learns. We value group discussion and user feedback over documentation and heavy processes. Check out more on our culture at http://www.pinterest.com/widenenterprise/pins/.
- Use and modify existing test harnesses and scripts to implement automated tests
- Analyze design, and source code to determine needed test hooks
- Design additional test tools to optimize test coverage
- Work as an independent participant in a team that owns all automated testing
- Execute functional tests using daily builds, weekly builds, and sprint builds on release candidates; execute automated and semi-automated test cases, covering system test cases and specifications from software developers
- Consult with development and other test designers on software and system design that facilitates test automation
- Spot problem areas quickly and communicate with team leads and/or managers
- Gather/create software testing requirements and define test cases/plan
- Report and document detailed software defects
- Work closely with development team to facilitate unit and integration testing
- Serve as a resource for other software test engineers, as well as customer support and implementation personnel
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of software test processes and methodologies
- Proven record of building solid test plans and test automation solutions
- Understanding of the agile software development lifecycle methodologies
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and creativity to any situation
- Understanding of and can work with time dependencies in regards to current issues and new development
- Communicate technical information in a consultative clear and concise way, including verbal and written
- Ability to research, communicate and champion ideas for quality improvements
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and transition between projects
- Ability to contribute in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Experience with Web browsers and internet technologies in a Software Test/QA environment
- Testing experience with SoapUI, Postman, Ruby, Groovy, Selenium, Geb and Watir
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance – Widen offers great insurance with low deductibles and premiums. Dean is the medical provider and Delta Dental is the dental and vision provider.
Life/Disability Insurance – Widen pays for a basic life insurance and long-term disability for all employees. Employees can elect additional life insurance and short-term disability if interested.
401(k) – Widen offers traditional and Roth 401(k) options. The company automatically contributes 3.5% into your account and there’s no vesting period!
Vacation/Holidays – Besides flexible work schedules, Widen also offers vacation and paid holidays when you need to unplug.
Casual Dress – Come as you are! Widen has a casual atmosphere. Jeans are seen around the office on a daily basis.
Hackathon Days – we encourage our software developers to work on things that peak their interests. Hackathon Days is a bi-yearly event where developers stop everything they are working on and have 36 hours to develop anything they want with the technology of their choice. Prizes are awarded.
Flexible Work Schedules – A lot of companies say it, but Widen practices it. Employees are free to change up their workspace to encourage creativity or production. Whether this be next to our fireplace, home, a local coffee shop or our downtown coworking space at 100State. Need to leave early for an appointment or a sick child? No problem!
Wellness – We want our employees to be healthy. Widen offers free yoga, massages and sponsors employee sports teams. We also host lunch & learns on various wellness topics and are located close to the bike path.
Cubicle-Free Zone – Our open environment fosters the sharing of ideas, collaboration and communication. Employees and managers work side by side with breakout rooms available.
Themed Conference Rooms – Ever feel like escaping to Devil’s Lake for the afternoon? Maybe a trip down State Street? Our conference rooms are themed after Wisconsin cities, including the Chippewa Falls Leinie’s Lodge!
Professional Development – Employees are encouraged to expand their knowledge and skillset through professional development. Whether that be going to a seminar or taking on a special project, managers are open to ideas! Knowledge sharing is one of our core principles.
Madison – Once you visit our city, we know you’ll fall in love just like we did! Madison has so much to offer in the form of arts, nature, restaurants, entertainment and lake activities. Badger football Saturdays are a must in the fall.
Giving Back – Widen actively sponsors groups for charity walks, Habitat for Humanity and various sports/rec teams. As a company, we also proudly support various local charitable organizations. Have an idea for something new? Let us know!
Widen Enterprises has been in Madison for over 60 years and is known for its friendly, professional atmosphere and its proven ability to stay on the leading edge of technology. An important part of Widens’ culture is our entire staff commitment to building high-quality and easy-to-use software services while providing excellent customer service and building client relationships.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Widen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Although actual openings at any given time may vary, we most often look for people with experience in Software Development, Marketing, Customer Service, Project Management or related fields. If you would like to submit a resume for future consideration, please indicate your area of interest on your resume or cover letter.