Here we are at the start of fall and it seems like a time to reflect back on an amazing DAM summer. An amazing digital asset management summer that is! What are some of my summer highlights?
- Attending the University Photographers’ Association of American symposium in Auburn, Alabama and having the opportunity to talk with dozens of photographers. I learned first-hand what issues photographers have working in college and university settings.
- Gathering feedback from local photographers who are using Backdrop™ – our photography routing and approval application – and using this feedback to continually improve functionality of this application.
- Meeting with a representative of WAICU – Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities – and learning how a co-op organization could bring digital asset management to a number of private colleges in the state.
- Being a part of Forward Lymphoma – an organization dedicated to raising funds for lymphoma research at the UW- Madison and having the honor of being part of something bigger.
- Spending a Friday afternoon at the Memorial Union Terrace – asking random people about what digital asset management meant to them until getting shut-down by Union staff. It was fun while it lasted.
All in all, it was one DAM good summer.