A press release issued Monday by Gartner predicts 25% of content that workers see will be pictures, audio or video. The consumer adoption and proliferation of video at home is driving the demand for its consumption in the workplace. With 90 million viewers (73% of internet users) watching a video at least monthly, Gartner VP and distinguished analyst Whit Andrews said that companies who fail to adopt video risk alienating themselves from customers that start to request video communication services. According to a Gartner survey in July 2008, 44% of enterprises have adopted digital asset management software technologies and 22% plan to implement a DAM system in 2009 to be more agile in managing and incorporating rich media into their marketing operations and communications.
Is video production and video asset management a priority for you in 2009?
If you can conduct your own internal study to gauge the demand for video communications, does your organization…
- Encourage the use of web 2.0 and/or social media?
- Use video for customer communications? Internal training? CEO messages to employees? Press and investor relations?
- Have an internal video production department?
- Have the infrastructure to support a high volume and high demand of video?
- Plan to increase the use of video in marketing communications in 2009?