Getting your content fit for the participation age
Yesterday’s content no longer fits today’s buyers.
Never before have consumers exercised so much control over their own buying journey, choosing their preferred path, what information they’ll consume, and when, where, and how they interact with brands.
State of the buyer
How has your buyer’s behavior changed?
Hint: More action & access, less fluff & fillers.
State of the industry
How are your peers responding to evolving buyer behavior? Hint: Custom fit beats one-size-fits-all.
MORE CONTENT = MORE CLUTTER
The content treadmill that’s brought you this far ain’t gonna work to lift conversions in the participation age.
It’s time to cut the fat and replace flabby, static content with assets that can bend and flex to the consumer’s will.
Built-in Customization ->
Greater Consumption ->
“People can get content anywhere — and they’re sick of it. Content fatigue creates a new roadblock, as massive amounts of poorly developed, uninteresting content makes it more difficult to reach the good stuff.”
— Gordon Locke, D Customer
What’s interactive content?
Interactive content enables readers to choose and change the content they see, transforming static content into engaging, useful digital experiences.Examples of interactive content are...
Interactive content converts moderately or very well 70% of the time, compared to 36% for static content.
content do for
content do for
Static vs. Interactive
How do outcomes measure?
Making Your Content Irresistible
Building interactivity and shareability into your content
Before you can increase conversions, you must increase consumption. Make your content irresistible by baking in these high-performance supplements:
10 ways to make your content irresistible.
- 1. Keep your text bite-sized.
- 2. Tell your story with visuals, and paint clear pictures with your words.
- 3. Tailor the copy to your audience.
- 4. Anticipate questions and provide clear, concise answers.
- 5. Illustrate points with stories, metaphors, and engaging examples.
- 6. Infuse and leverage emotion.
- 7. Get to the point quickly.
- 8. Add value with actionable takeaways.
- 9. Enable readers to choose what content they see or ignore.
- 10. Appeal to different senses and preferences by mixing media formats: text, graphs, animation, video, audio, and so on.
Agile content that delights customers and multiplies conversions, with less effort?
That’s something every marketer can get on board with.
What would it take to multiply your content’s reach and conversion without overloading your team and resources?
Or to place much of your content management on autopilot so you can wow audiences and reap more ROI?
Want to build your content marketing muscle?
Get in touch to continue the conversation.