Tools and considerations to help you identify the best DAM system that’s right for you.
You’ve taken the plunge. You’re on a quest to find the best DAM software out there. But, there are so many options and so much information. It is all a bit overwhelming. How do you even know where to start? Well, that’s where we come in. We’ve compiled a list of resources and considerations to help you whittle down your options and find the best digital asset management system that’s right for you. Let’s dive in!
It’s all about the fit.
A DAM system that’s right for one organization may not be right for another. You likely started searching for a solution to manage your assets because you’re wrestling with a good old fashioned business problem. Whatever that may be — brand or other content management issues — keep your unique pain points, needs, and wants at the forefront of your search. Since there is no one-size-fits-all solution, the goal here is to find the best DAM software for your organization.
To get you started, here are a few helpful resources:
- The DAM Decision Toolkit: Inspired by proven methods from 600 of the world’s most recognized brands, this toolkit outlines an easy-to-follow process that will help you decide on a solution. Packed with checklists and questions to ask yourself along the way, you’ll explore each stage of your journey, from strategy to research, evaluation, and justification.
- DAM Champs: For a balanced perspective, check out what DAM users, both inside and outside of the Widen Collective® DAM community, have to say. These are the power users, DAM champions, and folks that live and breath DAM, so it’s worth listening in. Plus, it’s tough finding others that love to geek out over metadata and information architecture, so enjoy it while you can!
- An Intro to the Five Foundations of Digital Asset Management: Explore five core concepts that build out the value of DAM. These foundations lay the groundwork for businesses to realize its benefits.
- The SaaS DAM Playing Field: We’ve done the research to help you compile your SaaS DAM vendor shortlist. Use our guide to assess and compare the major DAM players. Then, when you’re ready, follow our six-step plan to help move your search forward.
- G2 Crowd Grid® for Digital Asset Management: The crowd has spoken! With over 395,000 user reviews, G2 Crowd is the go-to site for real reviews from real software users. Filter by company size, industry, feature preferences, and desired price point to narrow down your software options. Then, dive into the underbelly of DAM! It’s packed with lessons learned, warnings, and celebrations from an incredibly passionate community.
- The Codified DAM Consultant™: Get DAM advice without the need and expense of consultants and analysts. Brought to you by DAM veteran and leading thought leader Mark Davey, this virtual tool guides you through the ins and outs of vendor analysis to simplify your selection. Whether you take advantage of the free materials or the metrics-based application and paid reports, you can fuel your decision with some serious intel.
So what about Widen? Where do we fit in?
We’ll start by saying: Widen is not the best DAM system for every single organization. Built for pros by the pros, the Widen Collective is a powerful and versatile solution. But, we are about the fit just as much as you are. We want to ensure that every Widen DAMster is set up for success. That’s why we established our very own commitment criteria, which we use to evaluate if an organization is the right fit for us. Have a look. If you find yourself nodding your head yes, the Widen Collective could be the DAM system for you!
- You need a true DAM system.
We are an actual DAM system (and then some). Other marketing technology vendors label themselves as such when in reality they are file-sharing tools with a few other bells and whistles. In order to become a certified DAM vendor, you need to possess 10 core characteristics, as outlined by the DAM maturity model. In fact, we take DAM beyond these core requirements to deliver more for your marketing, product, creative, sales, and content operations. We were even named DAM Vendor of the Year 2017 by The Codified DAM Consultant™ based on our cloud capabilities, customer support, and adherence to the ten core DAM characteristics.
- You want a partner, not only a tool.
When you’re balancing the digital content needs of your entire organization, content management can get complicated (even with a DAM system). While the Widen Collective is a self-service platform, our team still wants to be part of the DAM fun! From the moment you talk with a member of our advisor team, you will receive support and expert advice at every step of your journey. We are just as committed to your success as you are. In fact, we received the highest overall relationship score on G2 Crowd. Based on ease of doing business, satisfaction with quality of support, likelihood to recommend, and number of reviews, we received a 9.71 out of 10 rating!
- You’re in it for the long haul (and so are we).
As we said, we see our client relationships as a partnership. And, like all good relationships, we look for partners that see a future with us as a long-term solution. We aren’t interested in a quick sell that leaves our customers unsatisfied and packing their bags a few months later. We know in our heart of hearts that our customers are happy, but like every great DAMster, we also consider the data. A key metric we watch is the Net Promoter Score (NPS). It’s a third-party, unbiased measurement that gauges customer experience and loyalty. A score of 50 is considered excellent. And, we received a score of 56! Pair this with our 96 percent retention rate, and we believe we are on the right track.
What’s your commitment criteria?
If you still need a little extra guidance, our . We’re happy to help you access your needs and determine which DAM system is best for you (even if it isn’t ours). In the meantime, take our Fitness Challenge Quiz to determine if Widen is right for you!